Lynde's notes about this career opportunity:
This is the perfect role for someone who doesn't want to just be stuck behind the computer doing CAD all day! You will have client interaction and it's the perfect space to let your personality shine. Only collaborative designers will thrive in this environment. Also, if you are looking to develop your design skill set, this is also a ripe environment. Low employee turn over. Career oriented designers please apply.
Retail Interior Design & Sales
An industry-leading retail store with over 35 years experience in the fixture and display manufacturing field, our client's fixtures provide a solid foundation for retail success. This company utilizes modular architecture to quickly develop solutions providing flexibility to tailor a wide range of retail needs, including, merchandise types, and environment sizes. Our client provides solutions to independent storeowners, multi-store chains and design firms. Their design solutions balance functionality, and creativity, providing durable and completely customizable products.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package (including 401K, health care plan, paid time off)
- Bonus Incentive program
- Casual office environment, both dress and attitude
- An incredible team who are smart, dedicated and fun
As a Designer, you will work as part of the Account Development team. Bringing your experience as a retail designer, you will be in a fast-paced environment and instrumental in every stage of the design process. Working with a collaborative design team, you will share fresh ideas, curiosity, passion and a creative drive for your projects. You will support departmental initiatives with your creative and technical skill set and positive attitude. You will grow high profile customer accounts and maintain new and existing account development. Your scope of opportunities will vary, so maintenance in strong product knowledge is essential. You must have a willingness to continually learn about the retail industry to grow our client's marketplace. A day in the life could look like a mix of: design consultation, fixture development and recommendations, visual merchandise and display consultations, style recommendations, project management and customer service.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in arts or design field of study
- Proficiency in 3D AutoCAD
- Strong understanding and ability to implement design principles
- Working knowledge of Sketch Up
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat a plus, but not required
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments and managerial levels
- Aptitude to work successfully in a strong team environment
- Capability to quickly interpret customer need and effectively communicate appropriate design solutions back both verbal & written as needed
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Skilled multi-tasker and still able to maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Demonstrate effective stress management & time management skills