Specializing in placing the nation's most talented design Architects & Interior Designers across the country.
One of America's most dynamic, context-driven design firms focused on the creation of EXCEPTIONAL PLACES - neighborhoods, buildings, spaces and landscapes crafted to enrich the experience of life for the people who occupy them.
We bring an internationally recognized team of design professionals to the wide variety of project types we engage in, all united in the pursuit of excellence through the practice of connective design. Since our founding 1960, we have steadily built a reputation for thoughtful design applied to diverse projects throughout the United States, in the Caribbean and worldwide. Each project is a composition of imaginative connections among buildings and their components, and among buildings, their sites, and the communities of which they form a part.
The Project Architect is responsible for the development of project design intent, and for the production of complete, accurate, and well-coordinated documents. The Project Architect is responsible for the coordination of consultants, and for communication with contractors/subcontractors and consultants.
- Specific responsibilities of the Project Architect may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and supervise Project Team.
- Prepare and coordinate specifications with Specifications Department and drawings.
- Meet with Client and Contractor(s) to provide interpretation of contract documents.
- Assist the PM in establishing the project budget and monitor on a regular basis; inform the PM of progress.
- Produce documents within the established budget.
- Inform the PM of any circumstances or decisions which may affect the project budget or profitability.
- Participate in design presentations, as required.
- Direct and coordinate consultants.
- Assist Clients in review of construction budget and construction contract with Project Manager.
- Promote office capabilities on current projects to increase scope of work.
- Monitor team members' efficiency and proper use of time.
- Respond to team staffing requirements.
- Guide training and development of less experienced staff.
- Consider employee satisfaction and development when assigning project tasks.
- Provide performance review input for project team members, as requested.
- Assist the Project Manager in program development, feasibility studies, and establishing project budget.
- Organize documents consistent with office standards.
- Assist in proposal/marketing efforts.
- Discover and inform Principal of any potential project opportunities.
- Review project PPRs with Project Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of office standards, policies, and procedures.
- Encourage team members to achieve their potential by assigning challenging, yet attainable, project tasks.
- Maintain base state registration, and professional affiliations.
- Communicate the firm's goals and values to staff; leading by example.
- Communicate task assignments and expectations to each team member.
- Establish appropriate level of detailing based on project parameters.
- Research building materials and systems and review selections with Project Team.
- Implement code review and incorporate code requirements.
- Read current technical publications, share technical knowledge and any concern pertinent
- to projects in the office.
- Establish and maintain project notebook.
- Document meetings, telephone conversations and project progress.
- Other duties as logically inherent to this role.
- Registered Architect
- Minimum of 6 years professional architectural experience.
- Graduate of accredited architectural program with Bachelor's level degree
- Strong understanding of building systems.
- Strong Construction Documentation (CD) skills.
- Proficient in Revit ; Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Strong communication, coordination and organization skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Travel estimated at 30% of work time