Are you an accomplished Select Service Hotel Designer? Do you love working in a team and with notable brands such as Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Residence and Holiday Inn?
Our established client is seeking to hire a creative Interior Designer who is forward thinking and keeps up to date on design trends. Responsible for interior design assignments to include providing leadership for design team members, taking full responsibility for every aspect of assigned projects. This position requires a focus and strong background in FF&E for the hospitality design industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in client consultations as a team member to understand project requirements and expectations.
- Prepare and modify production drawings during design development phase considering materials and costs according to set budget.
- Motivate and work with design team members to achieve desired results.
- Manage and train junior design team members.
- Utilize strong organizational skills to manage frequent interruptions and ensure successful completion of projects on intense time frames.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in dividing duties between self-initiated, direct creative design work, delegation of creative and production work to contracted resources.
- Corrects and updates design documents, and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Work beyond individual projects to address the office culture and Innvision company needs and growth.
- Continually improve the quality and processes of our work.
- Work closely with Design Principal, Sales People, Project Managers, and President to promote a coordinated design and purchasing approach and facilitate the Design’s advancement in respective offices and across the company.
- Exercise independent judgment, discretion and sound business strategy to help manage design projects.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented attitude and foster a respectful, creative, inspiring office environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Reliability and consistency in being at the office a full day, each business day.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of the hospitality industry and have extensive experience with customization of furniture and hotel brands.
- Must be able to collaborate in a team environment and in an open office setting.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in interior design.
- 8+ years of related experience, with a strong background in hotel interior projects.
- AutoCAD skills are highly valued.
- LEED accreditation is highly valued.
If you are curious about this role, contact me in confidence. I would love to learn what you are creating in your career as well as tell you about this position and the firm of note.
I look forward to hearing from you~
Interior Talent Inc., ASID & IIDA Industry Partners
I've been with Interior Talent for 11 years!
Read my recommendations as a recruiter: www.linkedin.com/in/lyndegillis