Position Title: Project Architect
Position Location: Atlanta, GA
Years experience: 5-10 years
Essential Qualifications: Licensed Architect with Revit experience
Position Overview: Incredible opportunity for a Project Architect to join an award-winning, national multi-office firm that has been designing memorable spaces for over fifty years. The ideal candidate will be a Licensed Architect with strong Revit skills and have experience in one or more of the following areas: hospitality, mixed-use/high-rise residential, office and/or retail. This multi-disciplinary firm offers services including: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Planning and Sustainability Consulting with specialty practice groups including: Corporate, Government, Higher Education, Hospitality, K-12 Education, Mixed-Use, Office, Residential, Retail, Science + Technology and Transit projects. The firm has won multiple awaits for both Architecture, Interior Design, and Sustainability including being named one of Interior Design Magazine's Top 100 Giants.
Corporate Culture: The firm offers a very stable work environment, values their employee's work life balance and offers a flexible schedule. They are also committed to helping their team grow both individually and collectively, offering continuing education especially in the area of environmentally responsibility as well as offering an ongoing-in house education program to support LEED accreditation of their team members. The team also enjoys being social with each other in activities such their in-house trivia competition, Friday wine-tastings, competing for the title of Best Chili in their Chili Cook-off and showcasing at their employee Art Show.
The Project Architect is responsible for the development of project design intent, and for the production of complete, accurate, and well-coordinated documents. The Project Architect is responsible for the coordination of consultants, and for communication with the Contractor.
- Registered Architect.
- Minimum of 3 years professional architectural experience.
- Graduate of accredited architectural program with Bachelor’s level degree (preferred) or commensurate professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years graphic and/or design experience or comparable knowledge gained in an academic environment
- Strong Construction Documentation (CD) skills.
- Proficient in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Demonstrated skills in office and field construction administration
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of building systems.
- Strong communication, coordination and organization skills.
- Strong presentation skills
Specific responsibilities of the Project Architect may include, but shall not be limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise Project Team.
- Prepare and coordinate specifications with Specifications Department and drawings.
- Meet with Client and Contractor(s) to provide interpretation of contract documents.
- Assist the PM in establishing the project budget and monitor on a regular basis; inform the PM of progress.
- Produce documents within the established budget.
- Inform the PM of any circumstances or decisions which may affect the project budget or profitability.
- Participate in design presentations, as required.
- Direct and coordinate consultants.
- Assist Clients in review of construction budget and construction contract with Project Manager.
- Promote office capabilities on current projects to increase scope of work.
- Monitor team members' efficiency and proper use of time.
- Respond to team staffing requirements.
- Guide training and development of less experienced staff.
- Consider employee satisfaction and development when assigning project tasks.
- Provide performance review input for project team members, as requested.
- Assist the Project Manger in program development, feasibility studies, and establishing project budget.
- Organize documents consistent with office standards.
- Assist in proposal/marketing efforts.
- Discover and inform Principal of any potential project opportunities.
- Review project PPRs with Project Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of office standards, policies, and procedures.
- Encourage team members to achieve their potential by assigning challenging, yet attainable, project tasks.
- Maintain base state registration, and professional affiliations.
- Communicate the firm's goals and values to staff; leading by example.
- Communicate task assignments and expectations to each team member.
- Establish appropriate level of detailing based on project parameters.
- Research building materials and systems and review selections with Project Team.
- Implement code review and incorporate code requirements.
- Read current technical publications, share technical knowledge and any concern pertinent to projects in the office.
- Establish and maintain project notebook.
- Document meetings, telephone conversations and project progress.
- Other duties as logically inherent to this role.
- May directly supervise Student Interns, Intern Architects, Architectural Staff I, II or III.
- Responsibilities directly involving subordinates include: interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and aiding in problem resolution.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of time is spent in sitting position.
- Ability to move throughout the office either by walking or through assisted means.
- Ability to participate in site visits either by walking or through assisted mean.
- There are no lifting requirements for this position.
If Interested, please e-mail your resume, project list and work samples in confidence to: Rachel@InteriorTalent.com
- See more at: http://www.interiortalent.com/resources-web/jobs/architecture/323447-Project-Architect-Hospitality-Atlanta.stml#sthash.AThxNMM0.dpuf