Job Short Description:
Award winning, DC area Interiors and Architectural boutique firm known for their keen attention to detail, exceptional team collaboration, and quality partnerships within the A&D industry.
About the Company
Award winning, DC area Interiors and Architectural boutique firm known for their keen attention to detail, exceptional team collaboration, and quality partnerships within the A&D industry. Although not their mission to seek awards, it does say a lot about the teams track record and ability to instinctively create luxury living. 2017 Gold Key Finalist for Best Luxury Hotel, 2017 Designers' Choice Award for Hall of Fame of Interior Design and John Russell Pope Award for Interior Design. Join a fearlessly creative and cohesive team!
We are looking for a Project Manager/Senior Interior Designer to join our residential team. As part of a team with technical prowess and great design integrity, we offer the opportunity to work on high-profile projects in an exciting, progressive, studio environment. Our ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and growth-mindset, great communication skills and be team-oriented. You will complete full interior design packages from programming and space planning to construction documents and construction administration.
- Provide leadership throughout the design process for a variety of complex projects
- Complete a full design package from visioning, programming and space planning to construction and CA Develop timetable for construction document production and delivery
- Conduct client interviews to determine space needs and requirements Lead client and internal project visioning and meetings
- Develop innovative design, furniture and lighting concepts
- Develop FF&E packages and write furniture and lighting specifications Prepare construction documents and technical interior architectural details
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design solutions Supervise the work of designers and junior designers
- Ensure project team members understand their roles with respect to priorities, milestones and deliverables
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, property managers, developers, contractors, etc.
- Participate in the interview/proposal process to secure new business
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field
- NCIDQ preferred but not required
- 6+ years of experience in luxury residential, boutique hospitality or similar interior design projects
- 6 + years of experience leading design and/or architecture teams on complex commercial, hospitality and high-end residential projects of all scope (new build and renovations)
- Well-rounded skill set that includes technical, design and emerging project management abilities
- AutoCAD, PhotoShop, SketchUp, Studion Designer, MS Office
- Extensive hands-on experience and understanding of the design and construction of interior architecture spaces
- Strong programming and conceptualization skills
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and regulations
- Strong documentation and field observation skills with an understanding of how documents translate to contractors
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Able to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
Portfolio PDF required to be considered for the position